Dental Crowns are tooth shaped caps and they fully cover the teeth. They offer both aesthetic and oral health benefits. They are used for restoring the shape, strength, size and improve the appearance of the of the tooth. There are several types of crowns and they are crafted for each patient according to their planned treatment and the condition of their oral health. They are also used for securing artificial tooth for Dental Implants and Dental Bridges.
Why do we need Dental Crowns ?
Dental Crowns have extensive usage area in Dentistry and that’s why they are one of the most popular dental treatments. They do not only offer a cosmetically pleasing end results but also provide protection for damaged or weakened teeth.
You may need Dental Crowns in the situations as mentioned below ;
- You are suffering from discoloured teeth and teeth whitening does not work.
- Your teeth are chipped or broken
- Your teeth are heavily damaged or decayed
- You have misaligned teeth
- You have gaps between your teeth
- Bite problems ( overbite, underbite )
- You are replacing a missing tooth with dental implant and you need a tooth to support dental implant
- You had root canal treatment and you need to support the remaining teeth
- To save a tooth but inlays, onlays or white filling do not work
In order to application of this treatment you need to have healthy gum. If you are suffering from gum diseases please mention before you get quote. Dentist may offer another treatment for your gum disease for a successful completion of your treatment and overall dental health.
How long do Dental Crowns last ?
They last between 5 years to 15 years. It mostly depends on your lifestyle and diet habits. Oral hygiene is also affect their duration. You should avoid biting your nails, teeth grinding or opening caps with your teeth. If you are suffering from teeth grinding (bruxism) you should wear your mouth guard at night to protect your crowns. With good oral hygiene and dental care they may last longer. We offer 5 year guarantee for Dental Crowns.
For benefits of them you can check benefits of dental crowns.